Get Prices & Quotes
Need a quote?
Get Compressed Air Answers
Finance your New Compressor
Choose & Install the Correct Air Safety Shut-Off Valve
An OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES should be placed immediately after the air control shut off valve and before the hose on a compressor, and after each discharge port that a hose is connected to.
Before starting the compressor the air control valve should be closed completely. When the compressor unloads, open the air shut off control valve very slowly. Full port ball valves tend to work better than gate or butterfly type valves.
The air shut off control valve must be fully open for the OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES to work. Some portable air compressor manufacturers recommend start-up with the air control valve slightly open. In this case you may have to close the valve and reopen it slowly to the full open position, or wait for the safety shut-off valve to reset itself.
If the OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES fails to operate despite meeting all condi-tions, check the hose line for obstructions or a hose mender restricting normal air flow.
• Install OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES following the instructions supplied.
• Connect tool or equipment to air-line hose to complete circuit to the air line
• Open control valve fully to pressurize air hose.
• Switch on equipment or tools to ensure they are working properly.
• If tool or equipment starts and runs satisfactorily, stop operation and depressurize hose.
• Disconnect hose from tool or circuit and SECURE HOSE END.
• Turn on air supply slowly (to avoid tripping OSHA safety valve). Prior to fully reaching operation conditions, the OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES should suddenly activate and stop air flow.
• A slight air flow will remain as part of the automatic re-set function.
• If the OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVE is not activated the unit should be disconnected and the lower flow range OSHA COMPRESSED AIR SAFETY SHUT-OFF VALVES should be used. This means you need to use a different valve with a lower scfm range.
• Maximum 250 PSIG
• Minimum burst pressure 1200 to 2000 PSIG
• Drop pressure at shut-off flow. 2 TO 5 PSIG
• –40°F* to +250°F